Call for members: Honours Student Council
Dear honours students,
Are you looking for an extra challenge alongside your studies, an opportunity to enhance your cooperative skills and want to be more engaged in the honours community? Then applying for a position in the Honours Student Council might be interesting for you!
For the academic year 2021-2022 the HSC is looking for motivated, enthusiastic, and ambitious honours students that are not afraid to look beyond their own field of study, want to boost their CV, and want to work in an interdisciplinary team of students. As a member of the Council, you will be responsible for organizing
honours-wide events, inspiring a feeling of community between the different honours programmes, and play an active role in the improvement of honours education. Members of the Council spend approximately 2 hours per week on their activities and need to be available for the entire academic year.
The council positions open for application are:
- Chair – chairs the meetings, and ensures that the duties of the Council are being fulfilled.
- Secretary – is responsible for the day-to-day communications within the Council, making notes/action-lists, implementing administrative procedures, and organising documents and files.
- Treasurer – is tasked with coordinating all financial matters of the Council.
- Coordinator Education – is responsible for all the ‘educational’ activities, such as symposia, lectures, etc.
- Coordinator Social Events – is responsible for all the ‘social’ activities, such as drinks, network events, etc.
- Coordinator Communication – is responsible for the communication with Honours College and other organisations, serves as a point of contact.
- Coordinator Public Relations – stays in touch with the Communication Officer and is in control over the social media and (promotional) material/publications.
Apply directly by sending your CV and motivation to email@example.com.
The deadline for application is September 30th. As your motivation, we ask you to
answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to be a part of the Honours Student Council?
- What makes you a great team member?
- What would you like to learn or improve in your Council year?
- What previous experience can you bring in and what council position suits these experiences?
- What are, according to others, your top three characteristics and how do these present themselves?
If you have any questions or want to hear about the experience of former members do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Instagram for more updates!
We are looking forward to your application!
Your Honours Student Council 2020-2021